Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Cabbage with Sardines


This is an inexpensive dish, but has a nutritional value. I grew up having this dish, those old days when I'm still at school. I and my family lived close to my school. Those days, we attended school from morning to late afternoon by 5 or 6, so during lunch time we had a long break and the chance to be back at home to have lunch. This is one of the dishes that I prepared to have a quick meal.

Ingredients:

A quartered cut of large cabbage (shredded)
5.5 oz sardines in tomato sauce
1 small red onion sliced
2 sliced tomatoes
3 cloves crushed garlic
1 long green pepper sliced
1/2 cup water
3 Tbsp. corn oil
1 Tbsp. fish sauce
1 tsp. chicken powder
dash of ground black pepper

Procedure:


1.In a pan heat the oil, saute the garlic, onion and tomatoes.
2. Add in the shredded cabbage, continue sauteing.
3. Put the long green pepper, and season it with fish sauce.
4. Pour in the sardines and water, stir well. Simmer for 3 minutes.
5. Dash with ground black pepper and chicken powder.
6. Serve with hot plain rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment