Monday, February 17, 2014

Sushi Balls



It has been another busy weekend for me and my family, so I didn’t get a chance yesterday to post my new recipe. I know some friends missed and I owe them one.

Today I came up about something a little new innovation, I was looking at my pantry what I can prepare for my children and thought it was a good idea to make sushi, seems both of them love sushi. When I started this website, I posted a sushi recipe. As I remember it took me more than an hour to make those.

I asked myself instead of wrapping, rolling and filling them in seaweeds sheet why not to combine the rice and seaweeds together, my preparations will be easier. So, I came with the idea combining the rice and the seaweed and add some flavors.

I really love the outcome of this recipe, and I think it was a genius one! My children love it and so do I. This is an effortless sushi I ever made.

Try and share me your thoughts on the recipe.

 Ingredients:


1 cup Japanese sushi rice, steamed
4 Tbsp. Sesame oil
1 cup crumbled dried seaweeds- I used shredded one in package
½ cup crumbled seaweeds sheets or nori sheets
1 tsp. dried green onion
1 tsp. sugar
Roasted sesame seeds
Salt

Procedure:

1. Mix the sesame oil in rice and season with salt.
2. In a large bowl, combine the seaweeds, green onion, sugar and roasted sesame and crumble and mix well. Reserve a half of it for topping.
3. Place the seasoned rice and the flavored seaweeds in a large bowl, mix them together.
4. Use a plastic wrapper to form a rice ball.
5. Roll the rice balls in remaining flavored seaweeds.
6. Serve.




No comments:

Post a Comment