Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Taro leaves in Coconut Milk-Laing


It was been a week, I haven’t posted any recipe in some reasons my computer went down and my husband helped me to fix it.

I have posted before this recipe, but I used the fresh taro leaves with shrimps. Basically, the cooking procedure is the same, only the difference how much taro leaves vary to coconut milk. Dried taro leaves need more amount of coconut milk than fresh ones because it absorbs the liquid faster. Cooking time probably needs more a little longer.

I grew up with this dish and I could say this is one of my specialties. Try and let me know what you think about the recipe.

Ingredients:

2 oz. dried taro leaves
2 cans of 14 oz coconut milk
3 pieces dried salted mackerel, cut quartered
1 red onion, sliced
thumb sized fresh ginger, thinly sliced
3 pieces Thai chili

Procedure:

1. Arrange all the ingredients in a large pot and pour in the coconut milk, (use the first can of coconut milk).
2. Cover it with lid and simmer for 20 minutes over medium-low heat until the leaves get wilted.
3. Occasional need a stirring to even the flavor of ingredients.
4. Once the liquid evaporated, add in the rest of coconut milk.
5. Simmer until all liquid evaporates and shows oil from coconut milk. Not necessary to add here salt because we used the dried salted fish.
6. Best serve with steamed rice. Enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment