Monday, February 10, 2014

Siomai-Filipino Dumpling


I’m a fond of siomai, especially if it’s prepared using fine ingredients and to have it while it’s just right from the steamer.

When I was in my teenage, I worked in one factory in Manila to earn money and help my study. As working at the same time studying my shifts normally during evening shift and worked as a part-time. Siomai is my midnight snack most of the times because there is one convenient and restaurant store open 24 hours just next street where I’m working. Since then, siomai is been in my heart.

I am so particular when using ingredients so I can say this recipe of mine is absolutely delicious.



Ingredients:

1 lb. ground pork
1 cup minced shrimps
1 cup finely diced shiitake mushroom
4 stalks green onion, finely chopped
1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
2 clove garlic, minced
½ tsp. chicken powder
1 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. sesame oil
2 eggs, beaten- 1 for mixture and 1 to seal the wrapper
25 pieces wonton wrapper
Carrot, grated for garnish
Soy sauce and lime for dipping
2 Tbsp. Chinese chili sauce, for dipping


Procedure:

1. Mix all the ingredients, except the wrapper and grated carrot in a large salad bowl.
2. Use your clean hand to mash to incorporate ingredients.
3. In this measurement, I made 25 pieces of siomai.
4. Scoop the meat as filling on a wonton wrapper.
5. Use the beaten egg to wet the sides of the wrapper to seal.
6. Garnish it with a grated carrot on top.
7. Arrange the siomai in a steamer and steam it for 60 minutes or so, depends which type of steamer you use.
8. Serve siomai with soy sauce squeezed with lime or Chinese chili sauce.


No comments:

Post a Comment